Google Home Mini is the perfect device to control your home with voice commands.
It allows you to do many things like play music, tell you the weather, and control your smart home devices.
However, one question most people ask is if they can put their Google Home Mini in the garage.
You can put your Google Home Mini in a garage. As long as the garage is not too hot or too cold, the device will work just fine. Generally, experts recommend mounting it on the wall your garage shares with your house to avoid harsh temperatures and get better reception.
This article will explain how to set up your Google Home Mini in the garage and offer some tips on the best placement for the device. If that sounds good to you, then read on!
How Do You Put a Google Home Mini in a Garage?
To put your Google Home Mini in the garage, mount it on the wall. You can use the included mount or any other suitable mount. Once the device is mounted, make sure it is within range of your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Here’s a rundown of the steps you need to take:
- Mount your Google Home Mini on the wall. That will ensure it’s secure and not likely to fall and break. For the best results, place it on the wall your garage shares with your house.
- Ensure it is within range of your home’s Wi-Fi network. This is important for two reasons. First, you want to be able to control the device with your voice. Second, you want it to be able to receive updates and new features.
- Connect the device to power. Use the included power adapter to plug the Google Home Mini into an outlet. You can plug it into an outlet or use a portable battery.
- Use the Google Home app to set up your device. Once the device is powered on, follow the instructions in the Google Home app to complete the setup process.
Here’s a YouTube video tutorial on how to set up your Google Home Mini:
Note: If you need a mount for your Google Home Mini, get this PEF Outlet Wall Mount Holder from Amazon.com.
It’s made of durable ABS plastic and comes with a built-in shelf to keep the power cord tidy.
Besides, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and an 18-month warranty, so you can rest assured that your purchase is protected.
Tips for Installing a Google Home Mini in a Garage
Now that you know how to set up your Google Home Mini in the garage, it’s crucial to note that there are a few things to keep in mind when doing so.
Otherwise, you might not get the best results.
Here are some things to keep in mind when installing a Google Home Mini in your garage:
Make Sure the Garage Is Properly Insulated
If the garage is not insulated correctly, the Google Home Mini might not work as well as it should.
The ideal temperature range for the device is 32-95°F (0-35°C).
If the temperature in your garage falls outside of that range, the device might not work correctly.
To avoid such problems, make sure the garage is properly insulated. You can do that by:
- Adding insulation to the walls and ceiling.
- Installing a garage door seal to keep out drafts.
- Sealing any cracks or gaps in the doors and windows.
Mount the Google Home Mini near an Outlet
Another thing to remember is that the Google Home Mini needs to be plugged into an outlet.
So, make sure to mount it near an outlet.
That way, you won’t have to worry about the device running out of power.
Besides, having an outlet nearby eliminates the need for a long power cord, which can be a trip hazard.
Place It in a Spot Where You Can Easily Access It
When installing the Google Home Mini in your garage, place it in a spot where you can easily access it.
That way, you can quickly and easily unplug it if necessary.
The best spot for the device is typically near the door that leads into your house.
That way, you can easily unplug it when you leave and plug it back in when you return.
Keep It Away from Direct Sunlight and Heat
Like any other electronic device, the Google Home Mini can be damaged by heat and sun.
To prevent that from happening, it’s essential to keep the device away from direct sunlight and heat.
If possible, mount the device in a cool and shady spot.
By doing this, you’ll extend the life of your device and get the most use out of it.
So don’t forget, keep your Google Home Mini away from direct sunlight and heat!
Choose a Location That Is Not Dusty or Dirty
Another critical thing to remember is that you should not place the Google Home Mini in a dusty or dirty location.
As a rule of thumb, you must choose a clean and dust-free spot.
Not only will that keep your device clean, but it will also help to extend its life.
After all, the less dust and dirt that gets into the device, the less likely it is to break down.
Keep the Device Out of Reach of Children and Pets
If you have children or pets, it’s essential to keep the Google Home Mini out of their reach.
That way, they can’t accidentally damage the device.
Not only that, but you also don’t want them to be able to activate it and make a mess.
Therefore, mount it high up on the wall or in a spot where they can’t reach it.
Other Places to Install a Google Home Mini
Although the garage is a great place to install a Google Home Mini, it’s not the only option.
Here are some other places you can put the device:
- In the kitchen: The Google Home Mini can be a great addition to the kitchen. It can help you with cooking, setting timers, and adding items to your grocery list. Just ensure you mount it in a spot where it won’t get splattered with food. Additionally, keep it away from the stove and oven, as excessive heat can damage the device.
- In the living room: The living room is another excellent place for the Google Home Mini. It can act as a central hub for your smart home devices. Plus, you can use it to play music, control your TV, and much more. Just make sure to keep it away from any heat sources, such as fireplaces and lamps.
- In the bedroom: The Google Home Mini can also be a great addition to the bedroom. It can act as an alarm clock, play music, and provide you with information about your day. Plus, it can even help you fall asleep by playing calming sounds. Just keep it away from your bed, as you don’t want to roll over and damage the device.
Can You Put a Google Home Mini in a Garage: The Bottom Line
As you can see, the garage is a great place to install a Google Home Mini.
However, you must follow the tips I mentioned to get the perfect spot for your needs.
So don’t wait any longer; get out there and start installing your Google Home Mini today!
If you’re still unsure about where to put the device, call customer support.
They will help you figure out the best place to install the Google Home Mini in your garage.