If you’ve ever broken your phone’s screen, you know how frustrating it can be.
You can’t see anything, and it’s hard to press the buttons.
But what if you need to use a Smart Switch with a broken screen?
You can use a Smart Switch with a broken screen, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. You may need to use a voice assistant like Siri or Google Assistant to control the Switch. Note that the Smart Switch may not be able to connect to the internet if the screen is damaged.
The good news is you can still use a Smart Switch with a broken screen, but you’ll need to be extra careful. Here are a few things to keep in mind when using a Smart Switch with a broken screen.
How To Use Smart Switch With Broken Screen: Touch Still Working
1. Install Smart Switch on Windows or Mac
If you have a broken screen and your phone is still usable, you can use Smart Switch to backup your data.
Smart Switch is available for Windows and Mac.
All you have to do is download and install Smart Switch on your computer, and open the application.
2. Connect Your Mobile to Your Computer via Data Cable
Next, connect your mobile to your computer via a data cable.
The app will recognize that you’re connected and allow you to use your mobile device as a touch screen.
The Smart Switch will provide access to your mobile’s files and applications from your desktop. Remember to tap “Allow” if you see a prompt to connect to your Android phone.
3. Backup Your Data
Hit the “Backup” button.
The application will guide you through the process of backing up your data.
The backup process should take about a few minutes to complete.
Once the backup is complete, tap “OK” to confirm the changes you made and finish the process.
How To Use Smart Switch With Broken Screen: Touch Not Working
1. Install Smart Switch on Windows or Mac
You can use the Smart Switch app to backup your data when you have a broken screen on your Android mobile phone with a non-responsive touch.
Again, open the app on your Windows or Mac, connect your device, and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Connect Your Mobile to Your PC via Data Cable
If touch isn’t working on your smartphone, you can do a few things to connect the device to your PC.
You can use a data cable to connect the Smart Switch to your computer.
You can also use a mobile app to wirelessly connect the Smart Switch to your computer (though this may be difficult if the touch function isn’t working).
3. Use Keyboard+Mouse To Unlock the Phone
If your touchscreen mobile phone is unresponsive or you have a broken screen, you can still use your device by following these simple steps:
- Connect a USB keyboard and mouse to your mobile phone using an OTG cable.
- Once the keyboard and mouse are connected, you’ll need to unlock your mobile phone screen. To do this, simply press the “Home” button on the keyboard and then the “Mouse” button.
- You should now be able to control your mobile phone with the keyboard and mouse. You can use the mouse to navigate the screen and the keyboard to type.
- If you have a PIN Code, you can simply type in your password using the keyboard. However, if you have a more complicated password, you’ll need to key in what you can until you successfully unlock the phone.
- To disconnect the keyboard and mouse, press the “Home” button on the keyboard and then the “Mouse” button again.
4. Blindly Enable USB Transfer Using Mouse
If you have an Android phone with a broken screen and unresponsive touch, you may be wondering how you can enable USB transfer to keep your data safe.
While it may seem like a daunting task, it’s actually pretty easy to do. With a little bit of patience and care, you can enable USB transfer on your Smart Switch, even if you can’t see the screen.
Here’s how to do it:
- Plug your mouse into your Android phone using an OTG cable.
- While holding the power button, use a mouse to hit the “Enable USB Transfer” option. You’ll have to blindly tap on the screen until USB transfer mode is enabled. You can use a similar smartphone (preferably from the same manufacturer) as a reference to get a rough idea of where the popup will appear.
- Once you get a feel for how the mouse icon interacts with the screen, it’s only a matter of time before you can successfully enable USB transfer mode.
5. Backup Your Data
Once your phone is connected, open the Smart Switch on your computer.
On the main screen, you should see an option for “Backup”.
Select “Backup” and choose the type of data you want to backup.
You can choose to backup your contacts, photos, videos, or other files.
Once you’ve selected the type of data you want to backup, the Smart Switch will start backing up your data to your computer.
This process may take a few minutes.
Can You Use Smart Switch on iOS?
You cannot use Smart Switch on iOS.
Smart Switch is only available for Android.
However, plenty of other options are available if you need a Smart Switch that works with iOS devices. Dr. Fone is a great backup app for iOS devices, for example.
Smart Switch Device Not Recognized Error
If you have a Smart Switch and your device isn’t recognized, there are a few things you can do.
First, make sure your device is plugged into an outlet and your PC is turned on.
If your device is recognized by the PC but not by the Smart Switch, you may need to install the device driver.
Can You Use a Smart Switch With a Broken Screen? Conclusion
As you can see, it’s possible to use a Smart Switch with a broken screen.
You may have to get creative with accessing the Smart Switch’s menus, but it’s doable.
This article has outlined a few methods you can use to control a Smart Switch with a broken screen.
So, if you find yourself in this situation, don’t despair: You still have options.