The Google Assistant commands list has become pretty big when you see how Artificial Intelligence has evolved over the years. Since its beginning, developers have been feeding smart combinations and better voice recognition.
Some commands have the ability to give the same answer to different questions. It just all comes down to how you rephrase it:
What’s the time?
Time right now
What time is it?
Can you tell me what’s the time?
Thanks to this wide range of different combinations in questions, it is very easy to use Google Assistant! Just ask anything and Google algorithms will figure it out and give you the answer you’re looking for!
In this list, we’ll see how you can take the best of your google home assistant with some of the most useful and amusing voice commands. Or just if you are feeling without ideas of what to ask, feel free to use it for fun!
Let’s make her fight her competitors!
- How old are you?
- Are you friends with Siri?
- Do you prefer iPhone or Android?
- What do you think of Apple, Amazon?
- Are you better than Alexa?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite ice cream?
- What’s your favorite number?
- What’s your Job?
Funny and another type of silly questions
Google Assistant commands are there to improve your productivity and have some fun along the way. Try these commands and let me how it went in the comments below!
- I need to hide a body
- Are you cold?
- I want to punch you!
- Are you hot?
- Are you married?
- Can I break you?
- Can I feed you?
- Can I give you a hug?
- Can You laugh?
- Can you rap?
- Clean my room.
- Do I look fat?
- Do I make you happy?
- Do you like your job?
- Do you pass the Turing test?
- Do you Yahoo?
- Happy Halloween.
- Merry Christmas.
- Happy Hanukkah.
- How high are you?
- Is Santa / the Tooth Fairy / the Easter Bunny /real?
- Knock, Knock.
- Let’s get this party started.
- Read a poem.
- Sing me a Christmas song?
- Tell me a Santa joke.
- Tell me a riddle
- Trick or Treat?
- What is your new year’s resolution?
- Who is the boss?
- Who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman (or incredible hulk)?
- Are we in the Matrix? (Matrix)
- Are you a Terminator?
- Are you down with O.P.P? (O.P.P. by Naughty by Nature)
- Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper? (Star Wars)
- Beam me up, Scotty (Star Trek)
- Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? (Sesame Street)
- Explain Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock.
- Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?
- May the force be with you. (Star Wars)
- Show me the money!
- What is the first rule of Fight Club? (Fight Club)
- Why is the sky blue?
- How far is it from here to the North Pole?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- Which comes first: the chicken or the egg?
- Go to sleep.
- What is your quest?
- Who’s your daddy?
- Who’s your mommy?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
- Do you have a girlfriend?
- Do aliens exist?
- Where do you live?
- What is love?
- Do you really want to hurt me?
- Who is the fairest of them all?
- Who you gonna call? (Ghostbusters)
- Where’s Waldo?
- Flip a coin.
- What’s the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
- See you later alligator.
- Play Mickey Mouse Adventure
- Are there UFOs?
- Is there life on Mars?
- Take me to your leader.
- Do you dream?
- Do You Believe In Love At First Sight?
- Are you stupid?
- Are you smart?
- Say something funny.
- What’s your sign?
- What do you think about Alexa?
- What do you think about Siri?
- What do you think about Apple?
- What do you think about Google?
- Who’s better, you or Siri?
- I have fallen, and I can’t get up!
- Can you lie?
- Can you smell that?
- How many days until Christmas?
- How many days until Kwanzaa?
- How many days until Hanukkah?
- Happy Holidays!
- Are you a robot?
- Are you the sky net?
- Speak like Yoda. (Star Wars)
- When is the end of the world?
- Will you marry me?
- Are you crazy?
- What do you think of Google Home?
- What does a cow sound like?
- Call Santa. (Kids love this)
- What’s my name?
- Where do babies come from?
- Help me with my homework.
- What are the three laws of robotics? (iRobot)
Personally, I find entertaining playing with these google assistant commands. You can have a smile or two just asking nonsense questions to google and they will answer you the same way!
Google Assistant Commands search
This category is wide, you can almost ask anything just adding search
- Who is the tallest man/woman in the world? (Search)
- Who invented the light?
- How many calories are in a Big Mac?
- What is the weather like today?
- What’s today’s news?
- Show me the most seen videos on YouTube
- Search for tips to overcome anxiety.
- Look for the best Smartphones in the market right now
- Show me how much Bill Gates earns daily.
- How old is Michael Jordan?
Google Assistant Commands for your Smart Home
Almost all of your Smart home gadgets are capable of working with Google Assistant. The market is so large that we can keep reading different commands and the list will never be fully completed!
- Turn my lights purple.
- Turn the temperature to 75.
- Dim my lights to fifty percent.
- Turn Philips hue lights to fifty percent.
- Show me live feed of Arlo camera number 1.
- Show me live feed of my smart doorbell ring
- Secure my SmartLock
- Ask Roomba to start/stop cleaning
- Ask Roomba to go home
- Ask Roomba where it is.
- Talk to Skydrop
- Ask Skydrop to water all zones
- Ask Skydrop to water Front Yard Flowers
- Ask Skydrop for my watering forecast
- Ask Skydrop to stop watering
Google Assistant Commands for controlling music and audio-books
If you own a Google Home or a Smart speaker with google assistant built-in. These are the most useful commands:
- ” Play some rock.”
- ” Play The Beatles.”
- ” Play The Rush Limbaugh Show.”
- ” Play some music from Pandora.”
- ” What’s this song?
- ” Skip this track.”
- ” Play my Evening yoga playlist.”
- ” Stop the music in half-hour.”
- ” Play some ambient noise”
- ” Help me relax.”
- ” Pause the music.”
- ” Stop the music.”
- ” Read Name of your ebook.”
- ” Skip to the next chapter.”
- ” How much time is left in this chapter?”
- “Turn [up/down] the sound.”
Google Assistant commands for math
Don’t use these commands on a test or you will be sanctioned!
- “What is the square root of Pi?”
- “What is 20 divided by-multiplied by-plus-minus 10?.”
- “What is 50 percent of 1000?”
- “What is 50 percent of 1000 divided by/multiplied by/plus/minus 10?.”
Very useful when I’m working. Instead of remembering what is the equivalence between yards and acres… I can just ask my reliable assistant instead.
- “Convert 10 feet to inches?”
- “Convert 100 bucks to euros”
- “What is the tip for 80 bucks?”
Google Assistant commands to schedule your day
Setting timers and alarms
If I don’t use these alarms… for sure I would be oversleeping all the time
- ” Set an alarm for 5:30 tomorrow morning.”
- “Set a repeating alarm for 6 am.”
- ” Snooze the alarm.”
- ” Cancel the alarm for 5:30.”
- ” Do I have any alarms set?”
- “When is my next alarm?”
- “Wake me up at 6am then the day, or say ‘every day’.”
- ” Set a timer for 5 minutes.”
- “Set a second timer for 30 minutes.”
- “Schedule a meeting.”
- “Add a calendar event.”
- “Schedule an event for me on the next Sunday.”
- “What’s my next appointment?”
- “Show me the appointments for today.”
- “What does my calendar look like on tomorrow?”
- “When’s my first meeting today?”
Remind me to buy a birthday present for mom. Very useful for us with a short memory.
- ” What are my reminders for this week?”
- ” Delete my reminder to buy condoms.”
- ” Meet Henry at the Bar.”
- “Remind me to buy groceries this Friday.”
- “Remind Bryan to go to Delaware.”
General but useful questions and commands
- ” What’s the weather like today?”
- ” What’s the traffic like on the way to work?”
- ” How long will it take to get home?”
- ” What’s today’s headlines?”
- ” Did the lakers win yesterday?”
- ” When is it going to rain?”
- ” Is it windy this morning?”
- ” When is BestBuy open until?”
- ” Is Sam’s Club open today?”
- ” Are there any Peruvian restaurants around here?”
- ” Flip a coin.”
- “Roll a dice.”
- ” How do you solve your daily problems?”
- ” What’s the French word for avocado?”
- ” How do you make an apple pie?”
- ” Spell pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.” Yes, it is a real word.
Guys feel free to check out my post on creative smart home ideas. There, I will point out some of the devices that you can use at home to use these awesome commands!
Just try to start implementing these commands with your smartphone and later on you will be able to make the most out of your Google Home personal assistant. Once you’re used to it, you will save time and increase control of your home devices
Which commands do you use the most and why?